Eco Drama is currently developing a new theatre production, The Whirlybird, in association with Platform and supported by Creative Scotland.
In a cosy nest, two birds look skyward and get ready for their maiden flight. While flying comes easy for one, the other just can’t get the hang of it. After many failed attempts, inspiration is found in a very special flying seed…
The Whirlybird is a funny and moving story about a bird that yearns to fly, featuring movement, music, bird song and puppetry.
“A curious creature, ricketie-racketie on ground but in flight, a wildlife spectacle – a blizzard of wings, perfect elliptical twirls, a mass of orange and browns and a cacophony of sound!”
An exciting new show for 3-7 year olds and their families, The Whirlybird celebrates the differences that make us unique, finding inspiration in nature and the wonder of flight.
The set will be designed by Claire Halleran and the music score created by composer Greg Sinclair. The production is currently being developed in collaboration with Platform Arts Centre and children at a Glasgow nursery, ready to fly in March 2019 at the Puppet Animation Festival. The show will go on to tour across Scotland in nurseries, schools, theatres, community venues and festivals throughout 2019.
For bookings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. There are still dates left in our March – May 2019 tour, and we are also taking bookings for tours throughout summer and autumn 2019.
“…manages to keep its audience of tinies enthralled simply through some excellent storytelling…a sweet little piece which will give younger children a gentle introduction to ecology but, more importantly, keep them engaged and amused for the whole 60 minutes.”
2019 Tour Dates – further dates to be added
The Whirlybird will be presented at the Puppet Animation Festival 2019 during 30th March – 20th April, and is touring across nurseries, schools, theatre and venues throughout 2019. Festival dates marked with * below.
- March 1st – May 31st 2019 and Autumn 2019: Nursery & School performances (tbc across Glasgow and Scotland)
- Wednesday 20th March – Lochwinnoch Arts Festival – 10.30am
- Sunday 31st March – Swallow Theatre, Dumfries & Galloway – 2pm*
- Thursday 4th April – Woodend Barn, Banchory – 2pm*
- Saturday 6th April – North Edinburgh Arts – 11am*
- Tuesday 9th April – North Berwick Community Centre – 2pm*
- Friday 12th April – The Pagoda, Aberdeenshire*
- Saturday 13th April – Banchory Museum, Aberdeenshire*
- Sunday 14th April – Aden Farming Museum, Aberdeenshire – 2pm*
- Tuesday 16th April – Platform Auditorium, Easterhouse – 10.30 & 1.30pm
- Saturday 27th April – Aberdeen Performing Arts – 10.30 & 1.30
- Sunday 28th April – Aberdeen Performing Arts – 10.30 & 1.30